TCM - Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Develop, integrate and synchronize DOTML requrements for US Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) throughout TRADOC; coordinate JIIM EOD requirements in coordination with the SCOE and DA G3/5/7.
(1) Provides input to and reviews capability requirement documents for assigned EOD capabilities.
(2) Doctrine. Monitors and writes doctrine ensuring availability and relevance to current and future operations. Monitors lessons learned and ensures proper application when updating EOD doctrine and/or any modifications to tactics, techniques, and procedures supporting EOD organizational capabilities.
(3) Organization. The EOD organizations must maintain an organizational balance between homeland defense, defense support to civilian authorities and deployability, sustainability, and in-theater footprint with lethality, mobility, and survivability. EOD organizations will evolve as operating environments change. TCM EOD monitors current, proposed, and future TOEs ensuring they reflect the needs identified by EOD organizations.
(4) Training. Develops, maintains, monitors, and executes individual and collective combined arms training strategies with EOD, subordinate EOD formations, and TRADOC schools. Monitors TRADOC proponent support for new equipment training for EOD organizations’ systems and associated equipment, ensuring adequate training and certification procedures are in place to support fielding and institutional training. Additionally, TCM EOD supports the Chief of Ordnance and Defense Ammunition Center by coordinating and integrating training and education for respective EOD Forces and Ordnance Corps personnel in ammunition accountability and explosives safety. TCM EOD also monitors low-density specialty training needs throughout the EOD organizations. TCM - EOD TDD develops and maintains instructional content for EOD related content of EOD LOG-C3 (modules B-E). Develops and revises EOD training products in support of the CG ODS priorities and Army standards. Conduct collective, individual and leadership development training task analysis; develop, revise, and review resident courses for 89D and 89E EOD Soldiers based on DOTMLPF changes and lessons learned; develop TSPs, training aids, and simulations; develop training strategies; integrate EOD training within TRADOC and JIIM agencies.
(5) Materiel. Serves as the Army’s primary EOD stakeholder and user representative for capability developments and integration. Develops and staffs a wide variety of capability requirement documents. Monitors developmental efforts, the fielding of systems, and testing efforts. Provides input to proponent schools, program managers, and Headquarters, Department of the Army, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-8 during the development of each program objective memorandum (POM), prioritization of planned upgrades (1-N list), and future research and development efforts. Holistically monitors DOTMLPF-P impacts associated with the fielding of systems to EOD organizations.
(6) Leadership and Education. Management and development of TRADOC programs of instruction and related documents with EOD organizations ensuring leader and professional development are relevant and available to EOD Soldiers for career progression.
(7) Personnel. Coordinate and synchronize with EOD organizations, force modernization and branch proponents, and other Army organizations to review and update TOEs and modified TOE force structures.
(8) Facilities. Coordinate with all continental United States (CONUS) and outside CONUS basing locations, including TRADOC schools and test centers, ensuring a common understanding of required EOD system maintenance and training facilities, combined arms training, and live fire range requirements to conduct EOD training.
(9) Policy. Coordinate with Headquarters Department of the Army, G-38, EOD Branch, on integration of policy relating the Army and Joint EOD efforts.
(10) Develops capabilities-based solutions to leverage technologies that support training, recommends EOD S&T priorities, supports experimentation, and synchronizes and integrates Army EOD capabilities within the JIIM environment.
Organization Chart View